Monday, March 15, 2010

Palette Change and stitch

If you are a "butterfly" in the Art/Craft sense (and I am!) one needs a lot of space!
This is my studio, with its new shelves....
No, This is my studio
Collecting the rainwater for the new projects
Remember this
Now with the stitching for the "challenge" for our group.
It is astonishing how the eye adjusts to new sensibilities, is it the inspiration which triggers the change or does the new work influence what you are attracted to for inspiration?

6 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Love the stitching. It enhances the shapes so well.

Martine said...

A butterfly?
I never knew but indeed, i am one.
Your stitching is wonderful.
XXXm

layers said...

a wealth of beautiful images here-- from the studio, to the outside to the process of your work-- to the wonderful stitching-- well done.

jo horswill said...

Jan, these are gorgeous! Look forward to seeing them today :) xxJo

Ro Bruhn said...

Fabulous work as ever Janette. Love the new shelves too.

HeartFire said...

Janette,
Again, I love your stitching, like the book, seems to incorporate the running stitch, like the kantha, that gives it such texture... What a great idea to stitch that way on the shibori dyed cloth! I have some that I dyed and haven't done anything with it, I shall have to stitch!! Thank you...
Delorse