Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Inspired

This morning on a ramble through 'Blogland' I read Annes'(Wild Somerset Child) blog and realised how I had missed all my friends.
I guess we all go through periods when it is more difficult to fit it in!
However
Our group of "the Very Stuff" continues to inspire me so I have taken time off Uni, and am going to get my studio in order and 'PLAY'!
Jo (Mystory) has suffered the same fate as me, in discovery of natural dyes.........
I have been also making books and then dyeing them in red onion skins and eucalyptus leaves
The first one is full of textures fabric ready for the dyepot.
I have some drying...will post again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Tania said...

I can imagine that this sort of stuff is exhilarating! And the whole 'limited control' of the dyeing process utterly addictive. Non?

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Lovely to see what you are up to! Your work is earthy and wonderful!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Very beautiful. I love these natural colors.

HeartFire said...

OMG! Exquisitely gorgeous! I love your examples... and guess what I learned yesterday - dyeing silk scarves shibori style on a pvc pipe! I'll post a pix soon...
Delorse

Jacky said...

Aahh Jeanette, I think I'm schizophrenic too!!! I've been playing around with natural dyeing too (thanks to India Flint's blog and book). Loving some of the effects you have achieved and your little books are great!
Meanwhile, I am still playing with my Kaffe Fassett fabrics and colours and loving those too. Talk about both ends of the spectrum.
Hope you had a lovely weekend in your art room.

Jacky xox