Friday, January 9, 2009

Gardening

I did a little in the garden today.

I have been a pretty keen gardner in my time but now have converted this house garden into natives, fruit trees and a few roses. Because of the severe water restrictions it is the only way to go.

My apricot and apple trees are bulging with fruit so it is just a case of getting there before the birds.

I am reworking a piece I did a couple of years ago . I don't like the blocks of hard lines the felt makes and I have tried various soft sheers to break it down but I am toying with the idea of doing soft Kantha in black horizontally.

Jacky was great and gave me her advice about my last dilemma....so I am open to any suggestions.

This is a detail.

Ans this is the whole it is 134cms x 76cms.

1 comment:

jo horswill said...

Janette, the garden is looking wonderful...
I had to look up the the meaning of "Kantha"...it's wonderful...similar patterns to Mehndi (henna)...
I like the idea.